Cole Creative Camp
Will run again in 2021, hopefully in person!
Cole Creative Camp is an immersive multi-performing arts exploration of hip hop, Brazilian & contemporary dance, music, capoeira martial arts, live drumming, arts & crafts.
Campers learn foundation moves and histories of multiple street dance styles from around the world, including the Bay Area. Each kid develops his or her unique expressions and skills musically, kinesthetically, athletically, emotionally and intellectually. We make sure to meet each individual at their level and challenge him or her in new creative directions and abilities. At Cole Creativity Camp students bring imaginative ideas into tangible, shareable form both in live performance and digital space.
Each camper receives personalized attention to guide their creativity in ways that are intuitive to him or her and we reinforce that there aren't any right or wrongs in expressing oneself through art, but rather a diverse spectrum of expression and abilities. Imagination is a tool of infinite possibilities that will help them excel in anything they pursue in life along with the mental and physical technique to make manifest.
4 One-Week Sessions. Varying themes/lessons each week!
Week 1: June 1-5
Week 2: June 8-12
Week 3: June 15-19
Week 4: June 22-26
with high quality audio and video
9A.M. - Noon
Recommended for ages 5-10
For full camp details and enrollment click HERE
Brazilian & Contemporary Dance, Capoeira, Percussion Music, Arts & Crafts!
- Virtual student showcase each Friday
- Creative drama and improvisation
- Lots of outdoor playtime at our beautiful and
safe Montclair school campus
- Two seasoned, professional educators and creators
- Multi-levels give students something new to learn and improve upon no matter age or experience level.
- Great for beginners as well as more
experienced performing artists
- High energy fun in low-stress online environment
- Immersive effects to keep students imagining
- Student diversity
- Uplifting energy through dance, music, storytelling
Dance & Capoeira
- Freestyle techniques and games
- Dance battles showcasing originality
- Gymnastics basics
- New choreography routine each week
Drumming & Beat Making
- Percussion with household objects
- Live beat making with drum machine
Storytelling & Theater with Doug Cole
- Theater games
- Costume making & dress-up
- Puppeteering performances
Campers learn many ways to move their bodies. Lessons include hip hop and break dance moves, Afro-Brazilian, contemporary-ballet, capoeira martial arts. Students play their own home made of instruments learning various rhythms.
30 minute student production on the 2nd Friday of two-week session